YEIP Edmonton: Professional Ethics for New and New-ish Engineers and EITs
Join the Young Pipeliners Association of Canada (YPAC) for a presentation on professional ethics from a member of the body regulating practices of engineering and geoscience in Alberta. The event will be a presentation given by Allan Ng titled Professional Ethics for new and new-ish engineers and EITs.
- Date & Time: March 18, 2022, from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM (MST)
- Location: Zoom
- Cost: Free (Advance Registration Required)
- Webinar Registration: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_1zVFvKa3TOK5VlfZ99Zksg
About The Presentation:
Created on April 10, 1920, the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) regulates the practices of engineering and geoscience on behalf of the Government of Alberta through the Engineering and Geoscience Professions Act. APEGA’s primary role is to protect public interest and safety. APEGA serves the public interest by ensuring individuals and companies that practice engineering or geoscience in Alberta are competent, ethical, and professional. This presentation will discuss the role of APEGA, the code of ethics that govern work as a professional, and real-world case studies of ethical practice.
Topics to cover:
- APEGA’s role as a regulator
- Engineering and Geoscience Professions Act, and General Regulation
- Code of Ethics
- Guideline on Ethical Practice
- MITs and Licensed Professionals
- Case Studies and Discipline Decisions
About the Speaker:
Allan Ng is the director of APEGA’s Professional Practice department, which includes practice standards, continuing professional development and licensure administration, and practice review activities. A two-time graduate of the University of Alberta, Allan has practiced engineering predominately in the aerospace, airport, and building system industries. He started out with APEGA as a volunteer, first serving as a member, then leading as chair of the Practice Review Board, one of APEGA’s statutory bodies.
- 12:00 PM – Welcome and Introduction
- 12:10 PM – Presentation by Allan Ng
- 12:55 PM – Event Conclusion