Fellow Young Pipeliners,
Yesterday the YPAC executive committee met to settle some very important action items for the upcoming 2014/15 election term. The President, Vice President, and VP Finance positions have been elected by the Advisory Board (AB). For those of you who don’ t know, the advisory board is made up of senior members currently active in industry, whether it be with the NEB, an owner/ operator company, a pipeline services company, or a consulting firm. Once the final committee has been set, a formal annoucement will be made in January 2014 on who the committee members will be for the 2014-2015 2 year term.
There are many positions open to get involved with YPAC here in Calgary. If you are interested in dealing with sponsorships, membership, events coordination, communications, website coordination, university laison, or becoming the lead contact for YPAC in Edmonton, please email YPAC @ firstname.lastname@example.org and express your intention to run for position within YPAC. The Executive Committee will contact you by December 6, 2013 to formally indicate where you will fit in the YPAC Committee.
Other orders of business at a glance:
– December Speaker Event – Separate Annoucement to be made about Event December 2nd, possibly another event the week after
– Business Plan for 2014/15 has been drafted and will be finalized early in 2014
– Ski Trip – Separate Annoucement to be made about the ski trip weekend of February 21/22/23 2014, Kicking Horse Resort $360 incl. transportation to/from YYC, lift tickets, on hill accommodation
– IPC 2014 Involvement – Thank You to those members who have expressed interest in participating, YPAC will be in contact with you once more details are received
– Edmonton Respresentation – One of our big goals for the 2014/15 terms is to set-up an Edmonton divison of YPAC that can hold its own events and guest speaker series to help grow YPAC!
Thank you and stay tuned for more annoucements!