Volunteer positions in Central Committees are open now for 2024-2025!
Volunteer terms are from January 2024 – December 2025, with a 2-3 month onboarding / transition period from October 2023 – February 2024 (depending on roles). Apply here.
Central Leadership Roles (President, Treasurer, and Vice President & Chair of Strategy Committee)
- Online application deadline – October 4, 2023
- Voting by volunteers at AGM – October 5, 2023
- Onboarding period – October 5, 2023 to December 31, 2023
Other Committee Roles (E.g., Chair of other committees, Social Media Lead, etc.)
- Online application deadline – Ongoing
- Candidate interviews completed – Ongoing
- Selected candidates for all roles communicated – December 15, 2023
- Onboarding period – January 1, 2024 to February 29, 2024
You can learn more about our committee structure here
- President – Leads the overall strategy, governance, and management of the organization.
- Vice President & Chair of Strategy Committee – Leads the strategy committee, which is responsible for managing strategy execution, advisory board engagement, and technology.
- Treasurer & Secretary – Oversees the organization’s financials according to policy, provides regular analysis of YEIP’s financial position, and meets necessary reporting requirements for the organization. Additionally, this role records and maintains important documentations of the organization.
For these three roles, the applicant must be listed as current roster of volunteers. For other volunteer roles, individuals who are new to the organization are welcome to apply.
- Strategy & PMO Lead: Serves as an overall project manager, overseeing and reporting on the organization’s progress on strategy implementation
- Advisory Board Engagement Lead: Leads the interactions with Advisory Board, consisting of senior leaders, to gather input and advice when necessary and encourage their participation in promotion of YEIP’s initiatives and output.
- Technology Lead: Proposes, procures, and manages necessary technologies (e.g., Microsoft, digital platform for idea collection, etc.) to run and implement the strategy of the organization.
- Outreach Lead (Company-based): Take leadership in outreach efforts in one’s own company and encourage young professionals to join YEIP as members and volunteers.
- Membership Reporting & Analytics Lead: Provide regular reporting of the member base and provide recommendations on opportunities to increase membership.
External Engagement Committee
- Sponsorship Lead: Develop and maintains YEIP’s relationships with sponsors, who support our mission of empowering young professionals
- Engagement Lead, Industry Associations: Establishes and maintains YEIP’s relationships with industry associations and creates opportunities to disseminate young professionals’ perspectives and participate in decision-making processes.
- Engagement Lead, Educational Institutions: Establishes and maintains YEIP’s relationships with educational institutions and creates opportunities to disseminate young professionals’ perspectives and participate in decision-making processes.
- Engagement Lead, Governments & Regulatory Organizations: Establishes and maintains YEIP’s relationships with governments and regulatory organizations and creates opportunities to disseminate young professionals’ perspectives and participate in decision-making processes.
Marketing & Communications Committee
- Chair, Marketing & Communications Committee: Oversees all external communications and the contents including email, website, and social media. As a member of the central leadership team, provide input to the overall direction of the organization from marketing and communications perspective.
- Digital Communications Lead: Manages our official email communications and reviews content that will be published via any digital mediums (website, social media, email, etc.)
- Website Lead: Manages all web-based communications and enhancements of our website
- Social Media Lead: Manages our key social media platforms
* These role titles and descriptions may change depending on the outcome of the strategic planning sessions scheduled for later this year. Such changes will be communicated accordingly.